Previously we gave you some useful tips for moving in to your new Devon property, in this post we hope to help you with the arduous task of packing for your big move. Packing doesn’t have to be a nightmare task if you have the right tools and equipment.
One of the first things you should get is a good range of boxes in various sizes. You don’t want to use just large boxes and fill them with allsorts of things as these can easily become too heavy to lift. Also if you are packing small items in a big box there is a danger that they could break or get damaged.
Make sure you have a good supply of bubble wrap or old newspapers to help protect the more fragile possessions. In the weeks leading up to your move stop recycling your newspapers so you have a good supply for when you pack. Other handy items include strong parcel tape, pens and stickers for labelling boxes and sealable bags for any small lose items.
Here are some useful packing tips.
- Keep potentially hazardous products like paints, sprays and oils in clearly marked separate boxes.
- Load the removal van with the boxes you will need least first
- Be careful when backing boxes not to put heavy items on top on lighter items
- Make sure ever box is well labelled.
- Boxes containing fragile items should be marked fragile
- Make boxes of essentials you will need straight away such as a kettle, cups, plates, utensils, bedding, medicines and toiletries
Hopefully some of these tips can allow you an easy and stress free move.